Friday, August 28, 2009

Old Stuff: Must've Been A Love Poem

I must represent a lot of things for you.
Probably good, probably bad.
I feel like I'm coming from a selfish place when I say a lot of the things I say.
Or text, I don't get to hear your voice that often anymore.
I'm on a roller coaster ride inside, with a devil's curve and a demon's drop.
The force of the twists and turns are grinding my guts.
I want to vomit out the doubt and disappointment but the ipecac ain't working.
There's reasons, I know it, but your actions betray all the cool things you say.
And it makes me believe that it's hopeless.
But the light dances for you and helps you shine so bright.
I let it in, even though I don't like to, and it's warm.
I miss that.
It's a special thing to find and embrace a beautiful woman.
To feel her life and smell her scent and know that this is what it's all about.
You have a life in you that breaks me in two.
And don't get me started on Baby.

1 comment:

Jared Maynard said...

Nobody puts Baby in a corner.