Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday

Waking up from a much needed respite
I walk to the mirror and swallow the light blue pill
In time my hands and my heart go numb
Out into the cold air I inhale and exhale with great relief
The twisting and swirling of my inner demons give way
It's time to put the beasts of Summer behind me
I hear laughter among the sellers of laborious healing
Vulgarity and harmless jibes are the soup of the day
There is cause for celebration as a milestone is reached
And a moment is dedicated to remembrance of new life
I share in a great feast paid for by distant fat cats
Almost forgetting that this meal could be my last
Some think there's no room for self-destructive survivors
But of course we've really got no place else to go
I lay on the niceties as the signals go out
Receiving nothing but silence and scorn in return
The path that lies before me is wrought with great obstacles
My blood soaked bandages are torn and ready to unravel
I check my watch and see it's now twelve past midnight
Time to let the almighty Spiral do its thing

No comments: