Saturday, September 26, 2009

Alice

She was plainly beautiful
With a radiant glow she wasn't aware of
Those are always my favorites
Making your heart skip with their modesty
Her dark hair was the perfect contrast to her light Irish skin
She was wearing a blue/black skirt that hugged her hips in just the right way
And her body just wouldn't quit
Taken care of over the years through diet and exercise
I was smitten
I waited to see her every day
At last striking up a conversation in a strange place about strange things
We were from different worlds but needed each other
We'd make love all day and listen to the classics in the nude
She was a pearl
Eventually the going got tough
As it most often does
I should've held strong, held her close
But I sat, oblivious, and twisted the knife into her heart
Her blood is still on my hands
Mixed with my own now and I can't tell whose is whose
Karma's a bitch like that

No comments: