Monday, September 28, 2009

Blue Skies

Sitting on a bench as a strong wind blows around me
The scent of fallen pine cones and freshly cut grass are making a nice potpourri
There are four small children of different nationalities playing some form of football in the field in front of me
The fat white kid is very slow, draw your own conclusions
A basketball rests just below the bench, near my left foot
It's kind of flat, not much use on the court in that state
Maybe I'll take it inside and resuscitate it
Maybe not, I'm feeling out of breath myself today
I could call out to that ambulance I hear in the distance
Its blaring horns and sirens are unwelcome to my ears on this lovely September eve
I hope the poor soul who's taking that ride makes it through ok
Today is no day to die

No comments: