Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sand

Taking lunch in a barren wasteland
surrounded by abandoned buildings
and tiny diners made from old buses

Turned away without reservations
My party populated past capacity
We split amidst confusion and strife

From nowhere an old man calls out

"Free the young women trapped in the past!
The 80's were neon mystery to them,
those girls just want to have fun!"

I sense betrayal in the windows above me
highlighted in frames of bright sky blue
and wholeheartedly lose my appetite

I lay down my arms to let the young girls go,
resigned to their fate my inaction provides
Time travel is foremost a No Man's Land

The old man frowns with disappointment
and stinking from the black spite of scorpions
turns to walk into the desert

I watch as he melts into the sand

No comments: