Sunday, June 7, 2009

Old Stuff: Call Me Ishmael

There's an ocean outside my window when I push back the curtain.
It shouldn't be there, dry land has been misplaced.
Adrift on a sea of questions and shaky memories, I begin to feel uneasy, and I reach for the opiate/elixir that steadies my focus and concentration.
Once filled with fresh gravitas, I can look out on the vast, unflinching waters and see further than ever before.
The future is no longer a lingering doubt, but rushing past me and reaching for my comet's tail.
From one end of the earth to the other, throughout all dreams and inspirations, my form is shifting and bouncing.
Do you see me?
I'm there, just in the corner of your eye, but only for a moment.
I have to be elsewhere.
There's an idea that eludes me.
I've a clear trail to follow, but this idea is experienced.
It shows wisdom in its ability to hide from detection and influence at the same time.
I must find it.
I will find it.
It cannot run forever.

No comments: