Sunday, June 7, 2009

Old Stuff: Try-Tomorrow's Really Yesterday (Oddly Uplifting)

I feel like I'm about to lean in and get my first kiss from the cute girl I've been nervously holding hands with for months.
I look up and see the hazy sheen of the night sky and almost laugh to myself with glee.
Inhaling deeply, I let the cold air into my lungs to fill me with new life.
A rebirth in the time of sinking change.
Hidden, bundled, I walk among the others with a height not my own.
I look down upon them, not in judgement but with a renewed interest in our time together.
They don't know it but this is the greatest time in our lives.
The time when gods live next door and mythmakers paint the legends of tomorrow with colors our eyes can't yet see.
It's the day in, day out of it all.
It disguises the magic that flows between us.
Reach out for it and it will find you.
It's soft to the touch and moves through your fingers like smoke.
With just the right amount of silence you can hear its ancient singsong rise and fall and spin around us.
I hurtle through time at incredible speed, holding on for dear life to things and ideas and memories that may or may not exist.
Letting go is scary, and when I do I soar.
Backwards, forwards, side-to-side.
There is no direction or path that is unknown to me.
I am tethered to the ship as it seeks new stars to navigate by.
It's good.
I'm proud.
I bow respectfully.

No comments: