Monday, June 1, 2009

A Sidewalk Revisited

Wide and disappearing into the horizon. Leading nowhere but attractive and irresistibly walkable. The catch, however, is that someone has decided to leave all their goods and wares in the way, preventing me from traveling forward. Pipes, boat oars, piles of perfectly chopped firewood. These things don't belong on the sidewalk. A treacherous journey awaits me. Hopping and climbing, I move forward, always clearly aware of how stupid it is that all of this stuff is just laying out here on the sidewalk. What the hell is wrong with you people? Mountains of tattered clothing and large collections of cassettes prove to be difficult obstacles in bulk. I wish I could just snap my fingers and gain the ability to fly so I could be finished with this burdening need to be at the end of this fucking sidewalk, so I try. After a couple of snaps nothing happens, but I don't give up. I pick up a Phil Collins: No Jacket Required cassette and plow forward. There's gotta be a Walkman in this mess somewhere.

No comments: