Sunday, June 7, 2009

Old Stuff: A Radio and Some Headphones

I'm riding a bicycle with no hands. I'm riding this way because my hands and arms are filled with stuff. Books, papers, tennis balls? Too much to carry, it's difficult to stay balanced on the bike. I get to where I'm going and I'm off the bike in a flash. Inside is what I believe to be a library. I am certain that I've been here before. I'm no longer carrying all the stuff and I don't know what I did with it. All I have is a radio and some headphones. I walk around a bit and notice a large man reading a newspaper staring at me. I have no idea who that is. Back outside I'm suddenly carrying stuff again, dropping it as I walk. Again, too much stuff at once. I get to my bike and find that the back tire has been stolen, along with a few back tires from some other bikes that are lying in the grass around me. This sucks. I feel powerless. I look around and see a guy in a parking lot riding around on his bike with only a front tire. He's very skilled and apparently the victim of the theft as well. What happened, I ask him. It's someone who rents bikes, he says back to me. They use the tires to make more money. I look around, unsure of what to do. Fuck it, I'll walk.

No comments: