Sunday, June 7, 2009

Old Stuff: I Miss You

I picked up the cellphone and slammed it on the ground, shattering it into tiny tiny pieces. It made a cracking sound, followed by just a hint of electrical zapping. Normally I would never treat a cellphone this way, but the voice on the other end said things to me that sparked an uncontrollable urge to throw and smash. Such bullshit words that mean nothing to the person who spoke them. Just spewing lies to placate their sense of normalcy with no real regard for what goes on outside of themselves. We are such selfish people, without even realizing it. How many times have I spoken to someone the same way? When I made an attempt to sound comforting while really pushing those who hear away from me. I didn't really want to continue with these people, but I hadn't the balls to just say so. Either I spoke harshly or simply disappeared. The latter being the quickest and easiest way to solve a problem. Just pretend it doesn't exist. Cut that person from yourself with surgical precision, so as not to expose yourself to any trauma. It really works. Sadly, it really works. But, what's the alternative? I believe it's honesty. One of the most precious metals of all. The voice on the cellphone was not honest. But neither was I, and I hate us both for it.

No comments: